Wednesday, 12 September 2018
Stay High but Not On Drugs
Long overdue thoughts.
Funny how it took a recently popularised acronym to make me realise what you were right from the start.
Now as I recollect, it was as plain as day.
Despite my pathetic confidence back then, I (fortunately) somehow had sufficient self-awareness to feel uncomfortable enough to distance myself from you, and stop being the follower (for once).
Voila! Look what happened. Life was decent until we crossed paths again.
As I levelled up, you continued to solve your problems with other problems (hello dishonourable son), and even settled down in order to stay relevant.
All these self-perceived achievements and milestones, just to keep up with the Joneses.
For those times you tried to outdo others, flutter from group to group to be popular yet relatable. Eventually, did anything come out of it?
Zilch.
What is the point of seeking and buying experiences which do not value-add to your life? What purpose do they serve other than giving you temporary euphoria from a few measly likes from social media that has been staged to achieve just that? Or perhaps, allowing you to hold a few additional seconds of conversation because you have nothing substantial to offer?
That is why I had to put my foot down.
“To be kind to others is to be cruel to yourself” was a lesson I learnt the hard way.
Time to return the favour.
|Talk to my hand @ 8:23 am|